LF: VE1ZZ on NOW!!

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: VE1ZZ on NOW!!
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 00:03:17 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all,  posted by Jack to the DX Cluster this evening at 2400z.  "136.5
00  0030  01  103<VE!ZZ>"
I take this to mean he is one 2400-0030z and 0100 to 0130z ..NOW!!

While 2300z might be a convenient time for us, a look back through the plots
shows that on good nights the peak signal strength of CFH was rarely reached
before 2400z. I imagine that CFH will not now reappear until after the New
Year.

I also saw a signal slightly above 136.5  (+2 to +5Hz) pop out of the noise
on 18th though I dont remember what time now. I was set up for 3 sec dots so
would not have copied a 4 sec dash properly. The signal looked like
continuous carrier with some flutter and was at least 6dB above the noise in
0.3Hz, but I was using 750msecs time scale on spectrogram. I put it down as
a distant Loran sideband.

Good luck fellows
Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]