Re: LF: VE1ZZ 'M' at 0040z in Germany (

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VE1ZZ 'M' at 0040z in Germany (
From: "John Currie" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 12:49:26 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Geri  I have been passing your reception reports to Jack , VE1ZZ  and
will
give your wishes
   73 John VE1ZJ

"'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" wrote:

Hello all,

VE1ZZ signal report from Germany (December 28/29, 2000)_

- nothing before midnight
- traces can be seen on the 00.00 transmission ('T')
- clearly identifyable signal at 00.40, fading out at 01.58 ('M')
- no traces of later transmissions this night

- at 01.28 my EasyGram switched automatically to a much lower resolution,
this happens to me every night randomly after the program has been run for
a while. Anybody else got this problem? When I re-start everything is back
to normal.

The noise level was acceptably low, I could see all Loran-lines clearly.

If someone talks to Jack or sends him a report any other way, please pass
him my best regards (can he be reached through packet radio? Does anyone
have his mailbox address?).

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)

P.S.: I am also looking for Jack's QTH locator. I found an assumption of it
being FN84CW somewehre on the internet. If this is true, the distance
between him and me is 5278 km. Not beating OK1FIG/VE1ZJ's world record
(actually just missing it by a couple of dozen kilometers), but it might be
Jack's personnel best QRB.