LF: Slow-Voice

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Slow-Voice
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 08:13:54 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello folks,

Markus and I ran also a slow-voice test this morning. Considering tha fact
that Markus' signal is only a few dB above the noise so that even his PSK31
signal did not make it 100% error-free, it was surprising to hear a human
voice far far away after doing some post-procesing with Cool Edit 2000
(slowing down to 1/4 speed, raising the pitch). My XYL Andrea and I
listened to the voice several times and were able to read the words "Delta
Foxtrott Number Six November Mike" through the noise. It reminded me a
little bit of a story I have seen on TV a while ago, where people try to
listen to voices of those who passed away using all kinds of electronic
equipment ...

But as I said, it is surprising that the voice made with 500 Hz bandwidth!
I am also preparing a test file now and will try to push it over to Markus.
Mybe it is even worth to slow down the speed by 8 times to be able to make
use of 250 Hz CW filters!

Best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)