LF: VE1ZZ confirms sked

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: VE1ZZ confirms sked
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 19:39:05 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
John Currie wrote:

Hi Alberto  I found argo to be very sensitive and easy to use.  When watching
VE1ZZ here I  found that I had to reduce the sensitivity to one  or else the
traces were thick and start and stop of dots and dashes had vertical bars on
them.   Jack is very strong here
63es Grazie de John VE1ZJ

Hi John,
      a suggestion : Argo starts with the AGC on by default (probably I will
change this).
In many cases, especially if you have strong statics, switch it off. When it is
on, the statics are
almost totally invisible on the screen, as the gain reacts in zero time (the
signal is delayed),
but an undesirable side effect is that dots and dashes are chopped for the
duration of the
static, due to the lowering of the gain of the magnitude->saturation mapping.

So perhaps it is better to accept vertical stripes on the screen, but having
unchopped
dots/dashes.

Good luck with your efforts,
Alberto    I2PHD