LF: Re: QRSS frequencies 12/13.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: QRSS frequencies 12/13.
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 12:39:42 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
In a message dated 12/31/00 12:45:05 PM GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:

<< Steve GW4ALG said

> As many of the the stations worked were using 136.5 +/- 200 Hz,
> you can imagine my disappointment when QRM from the intermittent
> carrier appeared on 136.5, with strong sidebands +/- 100 Hz
> (already mentioned in other postings to this reflector).  I did
> try for further contacts: I stuck it out for a couple of hours,
> but everyone else had given up - so I went to bed too. >>

etc.

Re: 12th /13.
From recent postings it appears VE1ZZ is now crystal controlled on 136.502
(ish) and I guess we'll be looking there on the 12/13. I do hope that's OK for an evening.

However this is not really a suitable transmit frequency from Europe for our upcoming sked with John Jack and possibly Larry.

Unlike the one way or crossband events, any two way will need to be closely coordinated.

So where? 135.8 - 136.0 would be clear of the Greek RTTY and is a frequency previously favoured by John. 137.70 -137.80 is the traditional QRSS band in Eu and may be better if CFH is transmitting data on the LSB.

BTW. Is there a congingency plan in the event of CFH being on that evening? For example, a remote receive site, a directional loop etc? I notice John G4CNN has had considerable success recentley receiving VE1ZZ on his new loop, so it can be done 'across the pond' . The ability for all the Europeans to QSY to the quietest end of the band on the night would be an advantage. - Maybe Mike's QRSS list could be updated.

So, who's participating? I'll try and bribe my way into the tower again!
73

A happy New Year to all

David  G0MRF