LF: Reference sound for shrinking

To: "136 group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Reference sound for shrinking
From: Väinö Lehtoranta <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:33:36 +0300
Sender: <[email protected]>
While writing histories - at the moment about
the first Sputniks - let me recall a tape recording
made by our friend Lenna, OH1NL on the 11th April 1964
of the 1st 144 MHz EME QSO. The original recording was
played to numerous hams, some of them heard something
but heard nothing at all. Much depends on the individual
person's abilities to trace and 'decode' the A1 signal
from below the noise, even with the same arrangement.

Petr's suggestion is OK, would be interested to get
such copy and still looking for Lenna's recording.

73 de Vaino, OH2LX (I have a copy of SM7CMY's thesis)

Hello LF'ers

Does anybody have recorded sound of Visual-CW (as *.WAV with reasonable
length) where the signal is not hearable by ear? Could we have such a
reference sound to compare the results of processing? I would like to try to
shrink the sound in SW like SoundForge or CoolEdit and compare results with
the others, mainly with Bill.

73, Petr, OK1FIG

V.K.Lehtoranta, OH2LX, POBox 50, FIN-05401 Jokela, Finland
------ Tel: +358-9-4173965 ---- Fax: +358-9-4173961 ------
E-mail: [email protected] - alias: [email protected] & [email protected]