Re: LF: Reference sound for shrinking

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Reference sound for shrinking
From: "Petr Maly" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 12:36:19 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: Mike Dennison <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2000 11:24 AM

> Does anybody have recorded sound of Visual-CW (as *.WAV with reasonable
> length) where the signal is not hearable by ear? Could we have such a
> reference sound to compare the results of processing? I would like to
try
> to shrink the sound in SW like SoundForge or CoolEdit and compare
results
> with the others, mainly with Bill.
>
> 73, Petr, OK1FIG

Petr,

On my web site is a .WAV of a transmission made in 1998 by the
late Peter Bobeck as DA0LF. The Morse has a 20s dot period. It is
1.3Mb and lasts for 2 minutes, during which he sends a dash and a
dot! He is not quite inaudible but certainly would have been
unreadable at normal speeds as the signal is only just perceptible.
The page also gives spectrograms traces of the signal - absolutely
100% with no noise.

http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/da0lf621.htm

73

Thank you. It is not a typical sound we need to process, but I will try it
also. In any way, it will be a big honour for me to process Peter Bobek's
tranmission. Does he know....?

73, Petr

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm