Re: LF: Reference sound for shrinking

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Reference sound for shrinking
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 10:24:42 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Does anybody have recorded sound of Visual-CW (as *.WAV with reasonable
length) where the signal is not hearable by ear? Could we have such a
reference sound to compare the results of processing? I would like to try
to shrink the sound in SW like SoundForge or CoolEdit and compare results
with the others, mainly with Bill.

73, Petr, OK1FIG

Petr,

On my web site is a .WAV of a transmission made in 1998 by the late Peter Bobeck as DA0LF. The Morse has a 20s dot period. It is 1.3Mb and lasts for 2 minutes, during which he sends a dash and a dot! He is not quite inaudible but certainly would have been unreadable at normal speeds as the signal is only just perceptible. The page also gives spectrograms traces of the signal - absolutely 100% with no noise.

http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/da0lf621.htm

73

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm