LF: Shrinking sounds - fiasco

To: "136 group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Shrinking sounds - fiasco
From: "Petr Maly" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 09:56:46 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello all
Yesterday I spent a while with shrinking WAV's in SoundForge and CoolEdit.
In the original file (da0lf), there is nothing heard by ear, but when the
file is open in the Gram, the signal trace is clearly visible. I tried to
shrink to 50% of the previous length as a first step. I could not hear
anything either. When I opened the new file in the Gram, the signal
disappeared completely. I guess the main reason is that unlike the Bill's
method, this one doesn't lead to narrowing the bandwidth. Simply, it doesn't
work. I must try Bill's software.

73, Petr, OK1FIG