Re: LF: 137600 ....more..

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 137600 ....more..
From: "Bob RIESE" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 18:57:47 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
FYI  Mikes method is the same one I use. The receiver I use for an IF has
a variable
Offset which I attempt to keep at 600 Cycles. However over time the Knob
gets moved
I have always made it a routine when checking something new to do a 60
Khz check before
looking at the specific frequency I wish to check.  Gives that little
added
confidence     HI

Bob

ju>to put VFO 1 on 60.000kHz, adjust Spectran or your RIT so that the signal appears in a convenient place on the screen (say, 600Hz), then switch to VFO 2. When the dial says 137.700kHz any signal on that frequency should appear at 600Hz on the screen. This assumes a 1Hz read-out of course, but it does eliminate all calibration errors and you don't have to set the receiver or Spectran to a wide setting to make it work.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm