Re: LF: 137600 ....more..

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 137600 ....more..
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:05:43 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

> Hi all the only trouble is that a lot of us use LSB on 136 to drop DCF39
> over the edge of the filter.......this results in and upside down
> message....literally.

How do you use the Spectran frequency scale when you are on LSB?

I use LSB for this reason, too, and had troubles with Andy's Hell until I twigged that a dot at the top of a series of symbols probably wasn't right.

As for using the frequency scale on Spectran or Spectrogram. I just wouldn't do it. The simplest way of calibrating your receiver is to put VFO 1 on 60.000kHz, adjust Spectran or your RIT so that the signal appears in a convenient place on the screen (say, 600Hz), then switch to VFO 2. When the dial says 137.700kHz any signal on that frequency should appear at 600Hz on the screen. This assumes a 1Hz read-out of course, but it does eliminate all calibration errors and you don't have to set the receiver or Spectran to a wide setting to make it work.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm