Re: LF: Optimal width for LF?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Optimal width for LF?
From: "Clifford Buttschardt" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 10:24:50 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: "John Davis" <[email protected]>
Sender: <[email protected]>
Further update on the filters mentioned below.  I am convinced that any
filter has enough tolerance variations that experimental "tweeking" is
necessary for minimum ringing.  Most of us are using 800 hertz center
frequencies obtained from a crystal source.  This signal was then gated
by a function generator (a morse keyer works just fine too!) while
carefully adjusting all poles.  Sometimes interchanging pole position is
valuable!  The conclusion is that experimentation is more valuable than
calculation for these filters!   Cliff K7RR