LF: DFCW beacon running (137.792)

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: DFCW beacon running (137.792)
From: "M. Bruno" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 22:58:14 +0200
Data: Fri, 12 May 2000 21:57:35 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Geri wrote:

Talking about Spectran: IK1ODO, when and where do you begin your tests?

Well, it's running now (2100z, friday), after some experimenting and soldering.

The frequencies are: "space" 137.791; "dot" .792; "dash" .793 .
Frequency approximation seems good, the crystal is always free in air,
so expect some tenths of Hz plus or minus.

Power is (approx) 10 mW radiated. Message is "IK1ODO V" as before.
Timing as past time, 30 s dots, 10 s spaces.

I enclose a small JPG to show how the signal would appear - you just
add a ionosphere, some QSB, QRM and QRN, stir and pour on screen !

Reports are welcome.

If the signal drops over LORAN lines, let me know.

73 - Marco IK1ODO - JN35SA

Marco Bruno - IK1ODO
[email protected]

SPIN Electronics - www.spin-it.com