LF: Re: Morse tones / filters etc.

To: "LF Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: Morse tones / filters etc.
From: "Kevin Ravenhill" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 09:01:42 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
a visitor told me the "sweet spot"
was probably were the two ears were copying best was were there was a
phase
shift in the audio approaching 90 degrees thus giving what we now know is
the extra sensitivity of the I and Q channel reception condition.

Larry
VA3LK

I have also experienced noticeably easier copy of weak CW in noise when at a
distance from the headphones - in fact I find that turning up the AF gain a
bit and leaving the headphones on a table provides an effective method of
monitoring activity whilst doing other things. I must admit, though, that I
have not been aware of any definite "sweet spot" whilst moving around the
room.

Has anyone experimented with phase shifted / delayed audio, i.e. with "raw"
audio fed to one half of the headphones and a (variably) phase-shifted /
delayed version fed to the other half?

Kevin
G1HDQ