LF: Re: QRV on 136 and Puckeridge tests

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: QRV on 136 and Puckeridge tests
From: "john sexton" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 05:27:49 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: <[email protected]>

Hi Jim and All,
I worked M0BMU/P at 0900 this morning, my first QSO on LF and got 569 from
him. Naturally I am delighted, but now see that more work on the Antenna is
required. My thanks must go to G0MRF for his patience with many questions
while building his latest design, which seems to work very well - many amps
going in, but nothing getting hot even with the fan off.
I would also like to thank many other members of the Lowfer community for
much helpful advice and information via the reflector and privately, without
which it would not have been possible to get going on this band.

Jim, I listened carefully to several QSOs during the remainder of the
morning and did notice a distince difference between the antennas. At this
QTH the Small Antenna was just over S9 (approx 2dB), whereas the Big Antenna
was just under S9 by approx the same amount. So for me the difference was
about 3 to 4 dB, with the Small Antenna being slightly stronger.
From other comments, I suspect this is a matter of direction, but there
could be other reasons.

73s
John, G4CNN, IO91ML (Caversham, just north of Reading)