LF: CFH down, in refit

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: CFH down, in refit
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 12:10:30 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All, I had a message from Jon ( VE1FTL ) this morning advising us that
the Canadian Navy transmitter CFH on 137kHz, and located at Halifax, Nova
Scotia, is off air for a refit. It will be down for approximately two weeks,
whilst the new Harris transmitter is installed. I have no idea what effect
this will have on the ERP but if it is more efficient as Jon suggests, I
suspect it will be run at the same ERP with a lower electricity bill
accruing to the Canadian Navy.

Unfortunately (for us!) Jon also advises me that that he is moving soon to
VE6 land. I have thanked Jon on behalf of the whole European amateur LF
community for his help over the past few months and wished him and his
family good luck with their home move. He has given me the address of
another amateur currently in Bosnia who may be able to keep us up to date
when he returns to Halifax in September.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]