LF: Puckeridge test

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Puckeridge test
From: "Dick Rollema" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 12:51:04 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
To All from PA0SE

At 0955 today I worked Jim, M0BMU/P at the Puckeridge station.
On the Decca antenna his signal was exactly S8; corresponding to a field strength of
8.6 microvolt/metre.
On the "amateur antenna" the signal was 4dB weaker.

I reported the signal exhibited a fast fluctuation in strength with a frequency of a few hertz. But I later found out it was my signal generator interfering with Jim's signal. even with the output turned down to zero. It shows that even a HP606B is not perfectly screened!

73, Dick, PA0SE