LF: Re: Re: LF receivers

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: LF receivers
From: "Petr Maly" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 14:10:30 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
I used IC-751A till now.  I mind that it has scale with resolution of 100 Hz
and tuning step 10 Hz - too  imprecise for LF. When we describe our
receivers, we mostly talk about antenna input, LPF and a first mixer. But
mind that these transceivers have 1st IF on fq around 70 MHz (unnecessarily
too high) with 15 kHz wide filter (and no chance to change this). It means
that strong signals like DCF39 go thru all the 1st IF amplifier as far as to
the 2nd mixer and the first x-tall filter in the 2nd IF without any
attenuation. This leads me to think that this is wrong by conception and I
decided to desing my own special RX for this band.

73, Petr, OK1FIG