Re: LF: Spectran beta 3 - IK1ODO beacon running (2mW)

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Spectran beta 3 - IK1ODO beacon running (2mW)
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 08:12:37
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Marco & group,

I'm sorry but it was absolute impossible to look for the 2mW signal last
night.
I started looking at 19.30UT (as nomally Marco's signal becomes vissible
here after 20UT), but at abt. 20UT I had to stop because of thunderstorm,
not only because QRN became really bad (S-meter at 9+++ all the time) but
also for safety as the lightning was just above my QTH.
In case your beacon is still running I will give it another try tonight.

73, Rik  ON7YD

It was at 10 mW. Now (tuesday evening, 19z) it is running at 2mW
level (250 mA into about 32 Ohm antenna Z, -30 dB gain).

It's difficult to regulate the power ... the final draws 2A at 1.6V of Vdd!