LF: DFCW Parameters and 1 Hz BWs

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: DFCW Parameters and 1 Hz BWs
From: "M. Bruno" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 20:56:31 +0200
Data: Wed, 10 May 2000 19:55:06 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Rik wrote:

PS : I (and I think several others) never got Spectogram running stable at
5.5kHz sample rate.

Hello Rik,

I'm testing the last version had from Alberto, and it seems to be stable.
At least on my PC (Celeron 233 MHz, 64 MB RAM, not a fast machine
today, HI)

I will start a test in DFCW with three tones by Friday evening. More later.

To James 'BMU: we have to define some "standards" and practice.

By instance, working with a BW of 84 mHz, probably good for 12 sec
dots, Spectran has a window over 24 Hz of band with horizontal display,
and more than 50 Hz in vertical display mode. We may decide to use
the last 20 or 40 Hz of the band for this kind of transmissions, so one
can monitor all the sub-band at a glance; if you see a signal, then you may
zoom-in at higher resolution. And to detect if it really is a signal .... wait
and watch...
then wait .... patience is the virtue of strong men (sorry for the bad
English!)

73, Marco IK1ODO

Marco Bruno - IK1ODO
[email protected]