Re: LF: DFCW Parameters

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: DFCW Parameters
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 09:23:14
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Mike,

In theory there is no need for these 'gaps', but a series of tests (mainly
conducted by DF8ZR, DF6NM and me) showed that these small 'gaps' had 2
advantages :
1. It eases the reading of characters with a series of dots or dashes (eg.
O, S, J, 5 etc...)
2. It gives the TX a 'break' (reduces the 'on/off' ratio) during long
characters

The disadvantage is that is slows down the speed by 33% (but still leaves
an average speed increase of about 225% compared to QRSS).

In my opinion these 'gaps' should not be obligatory, so you can leave them
out if you wish so.

73, Rik  ON7YD