Re: LF: DFCW Parameters

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: DFCW Parameters
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 18:25:45 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
ON7YD wrote:
DFCW is still a very experimental mode, so not very standardized yet.
Generaly accepted is that the higher frequency stands for 'dash' and the
lower for 'dot'. The frequency shift is dependent on the dot length. For 3
seconds per dot (that has become a kind of informal standard) a shift of
4Hz is used. A 1 second 'gap' is used to separate the elements (dots and
dashes) within a character, characters are separated by a gap of 1 dot
length, words by a gap of 2 dot lengths.

Rik,

Have I misunderstood, or are you saying there is a gap between each dot and each dash? I thought there was no need to do this as the frequency determines whether an element is a dot or dash so a dot three times the dot lenght must be three consecutive dots.
Probably me being dumb.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm