LF: IK1ODO QRS QRP Beacon

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: IK1ODO QRS QRP Beacon
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 01:17:44 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Marco, confirming my earlier message to you. The signal I copied on
Spectrogram with slow speed and high averaging at a definite T and a
struggling M, is a clean O on Spectran (Beta2c) at 0.03Hz resolution and the
slowest speed. The elements are a good white and there is just a hint of
blurr between successive elements, which are 7mm long on my waterfall
(vertical) display. This is despite your dot frequency falling on a pair of
weak Loran-C lines (I think) ....Not bad for 30mW erp. There are between 30
and 50 crashes per sec of distant lightning. Your frequency was within 0.1Hz
of my synthasised reference (Farnell DSG1) which was within 0.2Hz when last
checked against Droitwich.

My aerial is a 1.2m 16 turn loop with a preamp/matcher (at bench level
indoors!!) and the receiver is an AOR 7030+ using the SSB filter (2.5kHz bw)
on LSB with carrier set at 138.10, and the AGC off. It might be a little
better if I set a higher audio note.

We will have to club together and bail Alberto out from his 'Salt-mine' to
finish the release version! It is spectacularly better than Spectrogram
(even using averaging of 40 and a time-scale of 5000msecs.....5k sampling
rate and 16k points) on that speed signal. Unfortunately I do not have a
screen capture utility to use with it, so I cannot send you the 'proof'. I
have the Spectrogram screen shot.

73 de Alan G3NYK    JO02PB
[email protected]