Re: LF: Field Strength G3WSC

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Field Strength G3WSC
From: "g3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 14:14:14 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

Hi David/g0mrf Did detect the TX change. Your tx was reasonably clean last night. When
I heard G3YXM this morning the whole band was covered with key clicks.
Offer him some advice to rid the tx of the key clicks so we all can work
on the
band at the same time. This morn I had to squeeze in on the  LF side of
his
signal because it was impossible to work hf because of the clicks.
In spite of all that has been stated recently about controlling key
clicks and harmonic suppression, no one seems to be doing anything about
it, blatant disregard for other band users.
If this is to become the norm then I will have no alternative but to
take the matter up with the RIS and get their opinion about having the
signals
monitored.
The holder of the high power NOV ought to take some responisbility
bearing in mind that this station is only a couple of hundred kilometres
away from others trying to operate on an already congested band,
especially at weekends. If the G3WSC site was several hundred kilometres
or more away from the rest of us there might not be a problem with the
high power. At present 1 w erp is more than adequate for the
size/efficiency of the tower in use and distances around europe to be
covered. What is the point getting a report of S9 plus 20 -60 dbs over
when only receiving the other end at S3 on average and below. Total
incompatibility between stations. Communications procedures dictate that you use the mimimum power
necessary to establish and maintain a radio contract. Imagine the chaos
on 136 khz if we all ventured down this road. This qrm key click problem needs to be sorted out before the
Transatlantic II project so that all participants get an equal chance
and no one transmission wipes the rest out.
Surely one ought to be content with the 350 tower and around 1w erp
without going over the top with excess power and chewing the band up for
those operating from their home qth. Low power slow morse and data operators in these circumstances dont
stand much chance. Expect a blurred spiky screen.
G3KEV