LF: Field Strength G3WSC in DL

To: "LF-Reflector" <[email protected]>, "amrad" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Field Strength G3WSC in DL
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 00:57:02 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello YLs and OMs,

I made some field strength measurements of the G3WSC operation as follows:

Call                    ERP as          Field Strenght
                       said in QSO
============================================================= G3WSC/p 1 W ERP 19.1 dB microVolt/m G3WSC in QSO yesterday night 13 W ERP 24.1 dB microVolt/m

G3WSC Beacon Saturday morning ? 34.1 dB microVolt/m

at a distance of 697 km

as comparison

7S6SAJ ? 41.6 dB microVolt/m
at a distance of 737 km.

(to compare with other signals on my homepage: add 108.1 dB to the dBu
values shown in the table, I will update my table with dB microVolt values
soon).

The CCIR-propagation curves for ground-wave propagation roughly indicate a
field strength of 45 dB microVolt/m for a 1 kW ERP signal at a distance of
700 km (depending on ground conductivity).

As my measurments were just taken randomly, they include some variables
such as varying propagation, day- and night difference, etc. and therefore
are not completely consistent. However, the data at least give some
indication about the radiated power.
Keep on the work, its worth doing it! I will keep on observing and
measuring, hopefully catch your signal on 73 kHz today, I am looking
especially for my first 'normal CW' crossband QSO. What are your operarting
frequencies and schedules for 73 kHz?

Vy 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)
http://www.qru.de