Re: LF: QRSS

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QRSS
From: "g3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 17:05:22 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

"Holger 'Geri', DK8KW" wrote:

Hey, guys,

is QRSS really computer generated? Wow, thats the reason all your signals
are keyed thah exactly! I allways sit here and key down (to make things
easier with my left foot) and slowly count to 15 when I send a dot! Same on
receive! I was never sure about the real advantage of Slow CW but I thought
some people can't give or receive faster than that so thats why I used it!

You are probably right, it sounds more like a NOVICE BAND maybe some morse
lessons would be useful. It lacks the professional 160 metres touch.
LMCW(lazy mans cw) or qrss if you like is generated normally by a computer or
an auto keyer.
and received by a computer - the operator does not even have to have a
knowledge of real or normal cw. Some operators including myself can read it
aurally, and I do have a pentium computer
with suitable software installed capable of sending and receiving it.
I actually have been asked at times if 136 khz is a novice band!!!!!! listening
to the speed of  hand sent morse on the band would suggest this to be the case.
There is no reason why it should be any different from 160 metres, and in fact
the signals on 136 khz are better during the day than 160 metres for the same
given distance. Things might improve soon when NOVICES get the 136 khz band.
G3KEV

;-) 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)