Re: LF: QRSS

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QRSS
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:45:26 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
LF techniques including propogation were all perfected long before we were
all
born.
The only experiment taking place at present by some amateurs is trying to
propogate a LF signal with a bamboo pole and some wet string !!!!!!!  Good
Luck

G3KEV

Yes, Mal, but I don't like to simply repeat what was done in
Koenigswusterhausen or Nauen some 98 years but go down to the limit. I was
also the crazy guy that took a two-watt 14 MHz battery powered transceiver
to Perth/Australia, erected a three-feet long antenna (yes, a vertical!)
and worked my Dad back home in Germany. Sure, I could have called him by
phone, but why should I do something easy if I can do it under more
challenging conditions ... ;-)
Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)

P.S.: The legal height for a fixed antenna structure in Lower
Saxony/Germany, btw, is 10m ...