Re: LF: QRSS

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QRSS
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 09:56:03
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 19:55 23/03/00 +0000, you wrote:
Is the computer generated qrss send/receive mode recognised for DXCC
purposes, also where does xband qso's fit in. For those seeking glory
there could be a disappointment.
G3KEV

Being very close to applying my 136kHz DXCC (only 82 more DXCC countries
needed) I was also very worried about this. Although QRSS is CW and as far
as I know nothing is said about the transmitting speed, nor about what kind
of 'filtering' is allowed, there might be an 'apparatsik' at the DXCC board
who could object my application.
I almost got very depressed by this thought but then I reminded that I
started with LF to do something completely new : to learn something about
new techniques and proagation, far away from the '599 73' QSOs you can
easily have on HF (and with some luck get your DXCC within a week).
So after all I think I can live with the knowledge that I will probably
never get my 136kHz DXCC.

73, Rik  ON7YD