LF: Finbar's antenna

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Finbar's antenna
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 10:28:18
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 23:45 18/02/00 -0000, EI0CF wrote:
Basically it is  a 4 wire  horizontal  antenna using  electricans earthing
wire. Length  90 metres overall. Total amount of wire in antenna   360
metres.
To bring to resonance, the loading coil  has a value of  950 uH.

Based on 0.95mH loading coil the antenna capacitance must be 1425pF
(reactance only 816 Ohms). For 90 metres antennalength that means close to
16pF/m.
I wonder what the spacing of the 4 wires is ?
I am using a 23m topload consisting of 3 parallel wires each separated 80cm
and got an antennacapacitance of about 360pF. Minus the (guessed) 80pF for
the vertical wire that is about 280pF for the topload, or 13pF/m.
Is anyone else using a 'parallel wire' topload ? I Would be intersted to
know the number of wires, the separation and capacitance.

Anyway, I heard Finbar last weekend with a solid 559. So it proves once
more that long horizontal antennas (against ground) do work on 136kHz.

73, Rik  ON7YD