LF: HF automatic antenna tuners

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: HF automatic antenna tuners
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 17:01:21 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF Group,

HF Automatic Antenna Tuners

Nothing to do with LF I know - but several members of the LF group are clearly involved in RF engineering, so I thought I would ask. Otherwise, please ignore this message, and my apologies for cluttering up your computer!

I am currently doing some research into automatic antenna tuners - the first need I have is to find out about the current state of the art of automatic ATU design - particularly matching network design, RF switching & tuning devices, and tuning algorithms. I have not been able to uncover much on the subject from the technical journals & magazines - the articles I have are over 10 years old. Relatively few people seem to be interested in actual radio hardware at the moment, all the trade press seems to be full of network routers and message handling protocols. Therefore, I would be extremely grateful for any current information, or references where I might find such.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU