LF: DCF39 heard in the US

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: DCF39 heard in the US
From: "Andre' Kesteloot" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:21:06 -0500
Cc: "David L. Wilson AC4IU" <[email protected]>, "lf-amrad" <[email protected]>
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mike Dennison wrote:

Yes, but until DCF39 is detected by ear, there is no chance of amateurs
70dB below it getting through, even using slow CW.

Dave Wilson, AC4IU, who lives near Fredericksburg, south of Washington DC,
reports to have seen DFC39, but rarely, and adds that he is not sure what
determines when he can hear that station of not.
It should be noted that Fredericksburg is well inland, far from the ocean.

The reason DCF39 was not mentioned in the Nags Head reports is that, sadly, we
did not look for it. Our mistake, but we were concentrating on the narrow band
between 137.600 and 137.900 where the 4 British amateur stations were located.
73
Andre' N4ICK