Re: LF: 73kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 73kHz
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 16:42:10 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC
Friday night was activity night on 73kHz, with more stations on the band at
the same time than I have ever known!  Rugby was transmitting a different
sort of data and the sideband noise seemed slightly down.

Yes, I agree. The noise was a little down. We were all on 71.80kHz which
is about as far away from Rugby as possible without getting QRM from
Loran, and the noise was S5. Later in the evening it came up to higher
than I have ever heard it at well over S9.

I worked M0BMU who had improved his antenna (gave 599, got 589), and
G0MRF (559/459). Also heard G3XTZ (569) who heard me but only briefly
when his local noise was off.
Other QSOs were between M0BMU/G0MRF, M0BMU.G3XTZ and G3XTZ/G0MRF.

Max distances were about 30km.

--
Mike, G3XDV
IO91VT