LF: Re: Collins 300Hz filters for AOR 7030

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Collins 300Hz filters for AOR 7030
From: "Dave" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 13:50:53 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Alan and all,

On the subject of filter upgrades. INRAD offer an excellent range of
filters, although they don't list AOR, but they are very helpful and they do
take credit cards.
Find them at:-
http://www.qth.com/INRAD/index.htm

By the way, what's the IF frequency of the AOR?

73, Dave G3YXM.

Hi All, Vaino and I have found a filter from the Rockwell-Collins "Low
Cost
Range" with a bandwidth of 300Hz and physical charcteristics similar to
the
500Hz option offered as a retrofit option by AOR. (Shape curves can be
found
on the R-C site)
I have been quoted a rather high price for this unit by the the R-C agent
in
the UK but find that I can purchase direct from Rockwell-Collins in
California. The problem is they do not accept credit cards and require a
bank-draft, money order, or dollar cheque. The UK banks derive quite a
rip-off from these items as you may know.

 I am willing to make a bulk order for these items if there is any
interest.
I am definitely obtaining one for my receiver, and a bulk purchase would
enable us to benefit from a lower carriage and even a slightly lower
purchase cost. The basic price from R-C is $91. Vaino was charged $121
including carriage. There would obviously be a portion of the bank fees
and
VAT and duty to add to that. If you are interested in joining me in
obtaining these items I will attempt to get a rather more firm idea of the
actual total cost. I am even willing to fit them to the receivers if
required, but it is a very simple operation.

73 de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]