Re: LF: Collins 300Hz filters for AOR 7030

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Collins 300Hz filters for AOR 7030
From: Väinö Lehtoranta <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 19:02:20 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all,

Just a little correction. R-C price is US$91.60 including
carriage etc. My local bank charged $30 for a check...
73 de Vaino, OH2LX

At 13:14 15.1.2000 -0000, you wrote:
Hi All, Vaino and I have found a filter from the Rockwell-Collins "Low Cost
Range" with a bandwidth of 300Hz and physical charcteristics similar to the
500Hz option offered as a retrofit option by AOR. (Shape curves can be found
on the R-C site)
I have been quoted a rather high price for this unit by the the R-C agent in
the UK but find that I can purchase direct from Rockwell-Collins in
California. The problem is they do not accept credit cards and require a
bank-draft, money order, or dollar cheque. The UK banks derive quite a
rip-off from these items as you may know.

I am willing to make a bulk order for these items if there is any interest.
I am definitely obtaining one for my receiver, and a bulk purchase would
enable us to benefit from a lower carriage and even a slightly lower
purchase cost. The basic price from R-C is $91. Vaino was charged $121
including carriage. There would obviously be a portion of the bank fees and
VAT and duty to add to that. If you are interested in joining me in
obtaining these items I will attempt to get a rather more firm idea of the
actual total cost. I am even willing to fit them to the receivers if
required, but it is a very simple operation.

73 de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]

V.K.Lehtoranta, OH2LX, POBox 50, FIN-05401 Jokela, Finland
------ Tel: +358-9-4173965 ---- Fax: +358-9-4173961 ------
E-mail: [email protected] - alias: [email protected] & [email protected]