LF: Re: 73kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 73kHz
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 17:21:38 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC

Don't all get too excited about the prospect of Rugby being off Tuesday.
The 60kHz transmitter is indeed often off on the first Tuesday, but normally
not until at least 10am and for only a few hours.  In recent months the one
on 73.4 has not, as far as I can tell, been off at all.  It is very unlikely
it will be off as early as 8am and will always be back on before dusk.

Perhaps you should plan ahead to May, when Rugby does its annual
maintenance.  There is a good chance that the TXs will be off for longer
periods during that time, but only during the working daytime hours.  That
will be a good opportunity before we lose the band in June.

Sorry about the double posting yesterday.  One was sent using my alias
address and I assumed it would have bounced as I am not subscribed with that
address - for some reason it didn't!

73s Dave
[email protected]
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/sergeantd