Re: LF: aurora propagation

To: "RSGB LF group" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: aurora propagation
From: "peter cleall" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:00:27 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Steve,
slightly earlier in the evening I heard wideband noise across the LF band. I
can best describe it as like bacon and eggs frying in a pan. I have now
heard this 3 times in the last year and each time it seems to coincide with
major geomagnetic activity.
At 18.00 my neighbour switched on his TV and I had to switch from the long
wire to my indoor frame. This still does not mask the local noise
sufficiently to give any meaningful low noise results but does allow me to
hear the stronger stations on the band.

Location Yeovil in Somerset.

regards

peter G8AFN