Re: LF: aurora propagation

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: aurora propagation
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:52:06 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
GW4ALG wrote:
When I arrived home from work at 18:30 UT, I listened briefly to 136 kHz before
our evening meal.  I heard a very strange noise across the whole of the 136 kHz
band.  It sounded rather like a mixture of cross-modulation/inter-modulation
plus Luxembourg Effect.  But dinner was waiting, so I could not consider the
matter further.

Yes, this has been clearly audible at various times this week, mainly between 137.5 and DCF39. It was apparent last winter, too. I recall discussion about whether or not this was really Luxemburg effect. It certainly coincides with evidence of skywave on the various commercial stations.

I listened early in the evening but missed the later DX!

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.dennison.demon.co.uk/activity.htm