Re: LF: TS 850

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: TS 850
From: "Tom Boucher" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:55:36 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Tom - G3OLB

Bob

 Also the 12 dB attenuator appears to be "open
circuit" when selected.  I can hear the relay clicking, so the series
resistor in the L pad seems to be open?  So I suspect it has had an
inadvertent squirt of RF in the front end, while the HF rather than LF
pre-amp was selected.

Further to Dave's comments, I can confirm the TS850-SAT 12 dB attenuator
does not like 250 watts of 136 KHz directly into it! Mine no longer
works either.

Nice to meet so many LF people at Windsor. Two most enjoyable days.

73 Tom, G3OLB