LF: Rising activity in SM

To: "RSGB LF group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Rising activity in SM
From: "Christer Andersson" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 23:45:56 +0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
I just worked SM4DHN, Lars-Bertil in Hagfors, on 136.5.
Lars-Bertil uses a 400W PA and a T-antenna.
My new 26,5 m vertical seems to work fine. Reception improved by 10-15 dB
compared to a 240 m longwire.
I have removed the top coil and now only have 6 wires, 15 m each, as top load.
Just measured the feed impedance which is 39,5 Ohm. The earth connection
consists of a dia. 110 mm steel tube for the water system, 6-8 meters down in
the earth.

73/Christer, sm6pxj