Re: LF: Bandplanning: QRS frequencies ....

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Bandplanning: QRS frequencies ....
From: "Simon Lloyd-Hughes" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 16:07:52 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
What ever happens please keep it simple.

At 06:12 10/07/99 -0400, you wrote:
John,

I am answering your request to suggest a band plan for our small longwave
band throught the reflector, since I believe that a discussion would help
to come to an agreement.
I read about the recommendation and the LORAN free window around 136.458
kHz but I have never seen a Slow-CW QSO down there. I do observe the band since two or three years now and found that indeed, main Slow-CW activity
can
be found around 137.700 kHz. Depending upon the setting of Spectrogram, the

complete range between 137.650 and 137.750 can be observed at one glance. I believe that a second Slow-CW window would cause confusion. Additionally,

also in that upper window there are some nice LORAN-free spots. I have made

a list of LORAN frequencies that should be avoided when seeking contact
with stations near a coast, where LORAN is to strong (http://www.dk8kw.home.page.de).
Also on my homepage I have published a kind of "bandplan" that is based
upon
my own observations, of course from the persepective of Northern Germany.

I propose to set up a voluntary band plans as follows:

135.700 - 136.000 kHz Testing frequencies, such as short-term beacon transmissions, for example for field strength measurements, or for local QSOs. This range seems to be difficult to use for QSOs since there is obviously a lot of QRM. So this
range
might be good to set up short-term test beacon transmissions to test
antennas,
measuring field strength, QSOs with very local character, etc. without
disturbing other QSOs on the band.

136.000 - 137.000 kHz
normal CW, with center of activity at 136.500, additionally possibly a "cross-band frequency" might be established, such as 136.900 kHz for people seeking answer on a different band.

137.000 - 137.300 kHz PSK31, with 137.150 being the main operating frequency (analog to the shortwave PSK31 frequencies 1838.150, 3580.150, 7035.150, 10140.150, etc.) and RTTY.

137.300 - 137.600 kHz
for future use

137.600 - 137.800 Slow-CW, with 137.700 as main center of activity and "calling frequency"

Please feel free to discuss my proposal.

Best regards

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)