LF: Reflector e-mail

To: "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Reflector e-mail
From: "Dave Sergeant" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 01:36:02 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
From Dave G3YMC

Peter DF3LP suggests the use of HTML mail as a way to get round spurious
control characters in e-mails.

I would kindly request that HTML mail is NOT used for reflector mail, or
mail sent directly to me.  HTML is not supported by the current Compuserve
software and simply fills my download directory with loads of attachments
with names like NONAME.001 which I have to delete.  Although I understand
that HTML mail is popular with some, and appears to be growing in
popularity, for those of us who, possibly for no reason of our own, cannot
handle it, it is a decided nuisance!  Thankyou.

The episode with Happy99 demonstrates that some viruses definitely exist. Fortunately I was sufficiently warned about this one that I knew what it
was even before I read the following mail giving the warnings.  In any case
I never read e-mail on line, and would certainly never run a file with a
name like that.

73s Dave G3YMC
[email protected]