Re: LF: SV: RTTY signal around 137

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: SV: RTTY signal around 137
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 09:21:25
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 00:23 25/03/99 +0100, you wrote:
Hello

The mysterious FSK signal on 137 kHz is quite strong here in Sweden too
(wednesday 23.15 UTC), but it is much weaker than the Greek Marathon
signal on lower band edge.

73, Johan SM6LKM

Hello Johan & LF gang,

I observed the 137kHz RTTY last days, it is inaudible here during daylight
and comes up about 2.5 hours after sunset. It is not audible at 07UT, but
so far I didn't check earlier. There is also a rather big day-to-day signal
difference (some days it is barely audible, other days is peaks 559).
The signal seems to be much stronger up north (north DL / SM).
As a 'wild guess' I would locate it in north-western direction from my QTH
(north because of the stronger signal in SM, west because it might be heard
in the US and also because I can hear it only several hours after sunset).

73, Rik

Rik Strobbe  ON7YD
[email protected]
Villadreef 14  B-3128 Baal  BELGIUM   (JO20IX)