LF: Re: LF - early April 1st question

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: LF - early April 1st question
From: "Johan Bodin" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 20:38:18 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All

It's easy to produce an E (electric) field and It's equally easy to produce an H
(magnetic) field. However, it is quite difficult to "convince" these two
separate fields
to join and create a Poynting vector unless, of course, someone invents a
"Poynting
director electrode" that can be added to the CFA design ;-)

The Poynting vector is the cross product E x H and it points in the direction of
energy transfer (in case of EM wave).

I remember reading an article which proved, mathematically, that the CFA
simply does not work. (Unfortunately, I do not remember which publication)

After reading about the CFA, I have to confess that I do not believe in it.

(the free lunch stuff again...)

Johan Bodin, SM6LKM