Re: LF: Re: LF - early April 1st question

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: LF - early April 1st question
From: "William Lake" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 09:27:50 -0800
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Steve
You mite try Antennex.com for more on the Cross Field antenna. That site is a
subscription only
but you can access the Discussion Board for free.
I have built the CFA and it is kinda radiating but like so many others, we are
finding that it doesnt
compare to a full size dipole.The authors and editorial staff never seem to
give enough info to really make the antenna work......cold fusion comes to
mind.....
73 Bill WB6RIJ <[email protected]>

Steve Olney wrote:

G'day All,

I know I am a little early for the 1st of April, but what ever happened to
the revolutionary CFA (crossed field antenna) ?    There was a series of
articles on the 'net promising many things and tantalisingly details of its
construction - then it just seemed to disappear down a PL-259 plug hole!

Did it go the way of 'cold fusion' or some other demise?

73s Steve Olney (VK2ZTO - QF56IK : Lat -33 34 07, Long +150 44 40)
email:  [email protected]
Web Page:  http://www.zeta.org.au/~ollaneg
LowFer: http://www.zeta.org.au/~ollaneg/lowfer.htm
LF Receiving - FRG-100, 8-turn 10sqm Loop
or Ferrite Loop + K0LR Preamp