LF: Improved RX in LF (finally)

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Improved RX in LF (finally)
From: VIGILANT Luis Fernández <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 08:42:48 +0000
Accept-language: es-ES, en-US
Sender: [email protected]

Hi LF

As my PA is still down at home I can not leave it running at night due to the fan noise. So transmissions

are stopped at bed time here

Last night I used my 90m vertical antenna tuned for LF and connected to Perseus SDR for RX

The noise level is high but the teleswitch carriers are also high above the ground noise. So, not bad S/N

and much better than in MF

I have a big QRM from the elevators motors. They use 3 phase 380V frequency variators and the band

is whiped out with noise when elevators are in use. There are two in the building tower, but fortunately

not much traffic during late night hours

So, finally got 12 decodes of DC0DX. Signal report from -29 to best -20dB

I used EA5DOM/3 for this Rx setup. The software is last version of WSJTX

Locator is IM98WN. The other grabber and monitor Rx is at IM98XN using MiniWhip

This result is very encouraging. Great opportunities for trying QSO. No more “aligator mode” here J

BTW: Seems that VLF signals are also quite strong. But elevators QRM may be a problem for long integration

73 de Luis

EA5DOM