LF: Changing default soundcard in Windows in software

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Subject: LF: Changing default soundcard in Windows in software
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 09:16:47 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:references:in-reply-to:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=zZGkfSJntmAvQ4hg7NResZB8shv/1NjSvqYUZG2vJto=; b=hhTVai7LtMDx0KZDdrolOA6WixROPSj/ZIUwbaMOErNIIReznCn1KVRwFaaunfqKkY kaW7YO8JCO3uWKwDEtHSRG0u1EHD5L0W1Sh1FsPqLrhMkw1O+MkcemgCNIH5eqGz866T KOUwRMFYruw3ydZinIGWtjpW8zIUt0anhu/lUbOAwl4bxESAfrE4jVhu0PWh/fKioAYp 9iL7cEsi/icIp+ti7K1g8Jx5nGPRymCKktoarXweW0OeF1/FPXDdexPXq/O9fStVC6m1 xL07/Ir+cSRgI1bPq+ydGoC43jQdjl9f7omGWAcC7MZYivz6Tbh4j5YOI2t3K+cLXcbR hwKw==
Sender: [email protected]
I know there are plenty of software authors here ...
So asking in case anyone knows .

How can I change the default soundcard (playback or recording) from INSIDE a piece of software

I want to control which device a .wav file is played back from using the basic sndPlaySound call (or it's equivalents in high level languages).   I really don't want to have to go into the whole WAVEOUT saga just  to use something other than the default soundcard allocated at the time.

I know the default can be set the Sound Mixer, but this is a need to do it from inside software.   Preferably via a WinAPI call