LF: Re: [rsgb-lf-group] Changing default soundcard in Windows in softwar

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: [rsgb-lf-group] Changing default soundcard in Windows in software
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2019 08:41:12 +0000
Accept-language: nl-BE, en-GB, en-US
Sender: [email protected]

Hello Andy,

this might be useful: https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/understanding-and-controlling-the-windows-mixer-api/

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T

Van: [email protected] <[email protected]> namens Andy G4JNT <[email protected]>
Verzonden: dinsdag 7 mei 2019 10:16
Aan: [email protected]; [email protected]

I know there are plenty of software authors here ...
So asking in case anyone knows .

How can I change the default soundcard (playback or recording) from INSIDE a piece of software

I want to control which device a .wav file is played back from using the basic sndPlaySound call (or it's equivalents in high level languages).   I really don't want to have to go into the whole WAVEOUT saga just  to use something other than the default soundcard allocated at the time.

I know the default can be set the Sound Mixer, but this is a need to do it from inside software.   Preferably via a WinAPI call

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#8717) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [[email protected]]

_._,_._,_