LF: Re: [rsgb-lf-group] Audio alert for JT-9 activity?

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: [rsgb-lf-group] Audio alert for JT-9 activity?
From: Rik Strobbe <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 15:39:41 +0000
Accept-language: nl-BE, en-GB, en-US
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Paul,

sending text messages (SMS) to a mobile number is possible, but it there will
be a cost per message.
Sending e-mails is also possible, but this will invoke your default e-mail app.
In most cases the messages will be stored in the outbox until you press "send".
I still believe that the most versatile solution is a platform independent app
that is "listening" on a given port for UDP broadcast.
That way all received JT9 messages can be displayed (so you can check what is
going on whenever you want) and you can select for what JT9 messages (new
stations, new DXCC, new state, ...) a sound alert is triggered.

It took me just a few hours to write a small app that just displays the UDP
broadcasts in Java.
It was the first time ever I programmed something in Java. So I am still hoping
for some help, but otherwise I will try to figure it out myself (it will take
more time).

73, Rik  ON7YD - OR7T