Re: [Lowfer] LF: Re: FET change, hmmm

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [Lowfer] LF: Re: FET change, hmmm
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2018 15:47:46 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Paul
Ringing of FETS is an Early Warning sign for a Big Bang
There should be no ringing or singing.

g3kev

-----Original Message----- From: N1BUG
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2018 8:50 PM
To: [email protected]

All I know is this amp had very little drain ringing and worked well
with FQA34N20 FETs but it is not happy with FQA32N20.

I slowly increased drain voltage but at 200W out (of a kilowatt
deck), there were obvious issues related to the ringing.

I've gone back to my old faithful 200W output Class E amp for now. I
am running WSPR-2 33% 137.437.

Paul