Re: LF: Re: WSPR-15

To: N1BUG <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: WSPR-15
From: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 13:07:30 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=date:from:reply-to:message-id:to:subject:in-reply-to:references :mime-version:content-transfer-encoding; bh=33tn8bXHSXBDZUIxXmXt2UMR0ZFLE7bry/AglUGy7ok=; b=l0IwiwP6Y1lMCw7AwHsMVZz5Wzp96ZOwkSIeoXhY4ujM+lfZanwqfXtQr0O8XU8DjH amMRuVBOTrfsowCQ7xLL32HnW5F3VHo+5e68hMM2LP/G4ItL3fyNRGxajz0sTVrcrdD2 gKRpcnaYEo9f/gNv6jSj89X+sBHe+H66M8yh/9qJ7ONm9V8S48QSOz0u+FA7hkfZTkqE Wv+XmEVkQ7vvKXs3FpsufG8n4W2H6QW1964xOI2IPjXcsyNzm1WHqxn24BoT40xTgNjm mkEC0eF4zZ7M7me7GkfBiDb+VjcHtpMHW1Q8eHXg+WYjZ5YI/x77qnO8ljWxkUi0JL6Y ntvQ==
Sender: [email protected]

Hello N1BUG,

Saturday, November 17, 2018, 12:01:59 PM, you wrote:

> On 11/17/18 6:14 AM, DK7FC wrote:
>> Who of them uses the latest wsprd.exe and the latest dlls together with
>> the old GUI, as suggested by Domenico?

> Not me. I was using the fully original WSPR-X along with the decoder
> which came with it. The old WSPR-X GUI is so unstable there seems no
> point in trying to upgrade its decoder.

> How many who run WSPR-X successfully are on old versions of Windows
> which were around at the time this GUI was written and compiled? Is
> it always stable on old Windows versions?

> How many are running it on Windows versions which were released
> since WSPR-X? Do you experience problems?

> WSPR-X is no longer available for download, but I believe the source
> code may still be found with some digging. If it is stable on old
> versions of Windows, is there any possibility the source could be
> recompiled with a modern compiler which understands Windows 8 and
> 10? Or would the source code need to be modified?

> 73,
> Paul

BTW, here is the WSPR15 enabled version I am using in case anyone has trouble
finding
a copy these days:

http://www.chriswilson.tv/WSPRX_08r3058.exe

--
Best regards,
 Chris                            mailto:[email protected]